Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Another lovely catch-up was on the cards with my friend Brooke (Cooking 101) . It was Brooke's choice this time around and Mary Street Bakery was the decision. A very popular little spot in Highgate on the corner of Mary and Beaufort Streets, I can't believe I hadn't dined here sooner!


We met up around 11, grabbed a table outside and looked through the menu. I love how MSB's breakfast menu extends all the way to 3pm. I decided on the slow cooked eggs with bacon. Lovely silky smooth eggs that overflowed with the touch of my fork; this was perfect and just what I needed on that cool morning.


Brooke went the very popular Crispy Chicken Buttermilk Pancakes, with Maple syrup and a Fried Egg. Delicious, tender, crunchy chicken thigh on top of a pancake with a fried egg surrounded by a sticky sweet maple syrup. The flavour combo on this one was to die for!


I couldn't help but steal a bit of Brooke's breakfast, then she kindly offered up a piece of chicken smothered in the sticky maple syrup and I was in heaven!

We got talking to one of the friendly staff members who asked if we'd like to see the wine list. I think we all know the answer to that one, and just like that a lovely glass of champagne was quickly in our hands!

Satisfied from our brunch at MSB we sauntered over the road to The Queens Hotel and ordered a beer each to soak up the sun and make the most of the time we had left to chat!




Click to add a blog post for Mary Street Bakery on Zomato

Click to add a blog post for Queens Tavern on Zomato



Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!