Saturday, August 23, 2014



I haven't liked oysters for very long.....months perhaps....I figure as I'm getting older my palate is becoming more forgiving to trying the things I never would have a few years ago.

One must press on though, and today we went to Catalano's Seafood factory in Bayswater. Those who don't know Catalano's is owned by Josh Catalano's family, who once was on Masterchef Australia a few years back.

$14 is all it cost for a dozen SA Pacific Oysters.

I had big plans for these babies, deep fried being the first. My first time went well so here it is!



Crumbed Oysters Recipe

1 Egg, whisked with 1 tbsp. water
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder (because it makes everything taste better)
s&p to taste
oil to deep fry ( I use a good quality veg)

Separate the oyster meat from the shell and place in egg wash mix. Coat in the mixed panko and garlic powder and then repeat process for extra crispy oysters.

Heat oil and fry for about 1-2 minutes until crispy.

Serve with lemon pepper mayo and Srirracha Sauce!


Lemon Pepper Mayo

1/3 cup mayo
1/2 tsp garlic powder
zest and juice of 1 lemon
cracked pepper

Whisk all together!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!