Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I was so excited to hear from Stewarts and was eager to try out their new winter menu for 2015.

We chose a Sunday lunch to indulge and we did just that.

As I've mentioned before in my previous visit here not too long ago (and that's just how I think ill keep my visits to Stewarts in future- very regular) one of my favourite wines happens to be on the list - the one I'm still yet to find to purchase in Perth. I found this lovely drop when I competed in the Buy West Eat Best 2014 WA's Signature Dish Competition down in Denmark WA and it's made by Forest Hill Estate. It's a 2012 Riesling and is very easy to drink. My husband agreed and we ordered a bottle of this right away.


We decided to have an entrĂ©e each instead of sharing this time around. My husband couldn't pass up the Beef Cheek. A small portion of thinly sliced cheek, served with mash, artichoke puree, it was like a mini roast and it was very tender and delicious.

 
I ordered the Duck Liver Parfait with Orange Jelly, Cornichons and Crisp Breads. I was definitely loving the creamy rich flavor of the pate and was very happy sipping my wine and nibbling on my little platter for one.
 
 
 
Filo Wrapped Chicken Wellington, Ecrase Potatoes, Silverbeet and Mustard Cream Sauce was my hubby's main (after we almost both ordered it) and the filo was lovely and crispy. The light mustard cream sauce added a nice touch also. This was a great sounding, looking and tasting dish!
 
 
For my mains, I decided on the Caramelized Pork Belly, Boulangere Potatoes, Choucroute, Sweet Potato Puree and Apple Cider Sauce to help break my pork belly drought. I don't know why but it's been a while since I've had pork belly. A perfectly sized portion of belly with a thin crispy crackling and a meltingly tender meat underneath. I'm always mesmerized how the grains of meat alternate in different directions layer by layer in pork belly and was loving every minute.

 
Looking through the menu I noticed they've switched from doing weekend breakfasts to now serving weekend brunch. Brunch is served 10am - 3pm Saturday and Sunday and looks great! The friendly waitstaff also mentioned that the new brunch menu has been very popular due to the more relaxed serving time. You can still order the full lunch menu on the weekends too so all bases are covered!


I'm so glad Stewarts isn't far from home and now I've seen the brunch menu I'll be back here in a few weeks to check it out!

The rest of the winter menu looks great too. They have a different Fish of the day dish and a pretty decent kids menu too.

 
Thanks Brookleigh!

Click to add a blog post for Stewart's at Brookleigh on Zomato



Tagged: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!