Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just a few days ago we had lunch at C Restaurant, Perth's only revolving restaurant located at the top of St. Martins Tower on St Georges Terrace in Perth.



We took the quick elevator up to the 33rd floor, and my ears popped on the way up. As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we were right behind the main tills and it took a few seconds for me to realise that the main outer edge of the Restaurant slowly moving along.

We were seated quickly by our friendly waiter and given the menus. As I was reading the drinks list I could see out the corner of my eye, the window going past very slowly. It actually took me about 20 minutes to get used to the rotation, reminded me of being on a boat or catching the ferry over to South Perth/Rotto. Hubby was fine though!

For first drinks, I ordered a Champagne Cocktail which was Moet, Grey Goose and Pineapple Juice with a Maraschino Cherry. I love Moet and it was so smooth with the lovely pineapple juice, I must recreate this at home. Hubby had a long island ice tea and we ordered some house made bread for starters.



We decided to go the 3 courses which was $63 each, which was great value I thought, plus I had my Entertainment card.

Entrees were C's 'Famous' Gnocchi and Oysters done 4 ways; Kilpatrick, Chilli & Lemon, Natural and Orange Tomato Salsa. I had 1 Kilpatrick, my first Kilpatrick style oyster, I'm slowly starting to like them. The Gnocchi was soft and pillowy and the creamy Gorgonzola cheese sauce was very tasty. The portion size was generous I thought too.



Whilst waiting for the mains we ordered more drinks; a glass of Capel Vale Sparkling Brut and a bottle of James Squire Golden Ale. The Sparkling was so delicious, I'll be buying some of this on my next bottle shop venture soon.



My second course was the Pink Snapper 'special' with a sweet fruit quinoa salad and octopus croquettes. Again, my first time tasting quinoa, I have had some in my cupboard for a while but haven't cooked with it yet. I couldn't really tell you the flavour of it, it was neutral to me, but the it wasn't too bad with the Snapper.

The Octopus croquettes were crumbed legs of octopus. AGAIN my first time trying octopus, I had 1 and dished the other to Hubby's plate. It was like a strong calamari flavour encased in a yummy crunchy crumb and you could see the 'suckers' as you cut into them.

The other main meal was the Chicken Roulade with Pumpkin Puree, Sautéed Mushrooms, Pine Nut Polenta Cake and Creamy Morel Sauce. The Chicken was cooked to perfection and the mushrooms were to die for, I knew I could smell them as soon as the dish was presented. The pumpkin puree was so bright and orange and the smokey spiced popcorn was so good I snuck a piece straight away! Everything on this plate married well together and it was gone in a flash!! I didn't get any photos of our mains as we had the sun right on our table as they arrived.

1 Dessert dish was the Turkish Coffee Cake with Chocolate Tuile. I didn't try this as Hubby said it had mint in it, I really don't like mint (Though it's funny how Mojito's are an exception), so didn't try it but I was told the Mandarin Sorbet was very refreshing with the mint and chocolate.



I had the Blueberry and Vanilla Parfait and it was delicious! The fruits of the forest sorbet was sweet and fruity it tasted like a fantastic Raspberry Jam. The Blueberries on the plate were the biggest I've ever seen too, I don't usually like blueberries, the ones I buy are usually very bland tasting but these were massive and full of bursting berry flavour. I couldn't eat the middle bit because it was frozen solid but was pretty full by this stage.



All up we did about a 1 and 1/4 revolutions of the whole restaurant and were there just under 2 hours. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive and cleared our plates and took drinks orders very promptly. There was a bit of a wait after entrée for our mains, longer than I expected but the revolving view was a great time filler.



We ordered a Long Macchiato and asked for our bill. I had my Entertainment Gold Card on hand so we used that and ended up getting $45 off the total bill. I've always been a massive fan of the Entertainment book, its great for people like me who dine out so often.

Our overall experience at C was a good one, it was a Saturday Lunch and the restaurant wasn't very busy, I found it spun around faster than I expected and in the beginning felt a bit dizzy.

Absolutely fantastic views of the Swan River and Perth surrounds, and its great pointing out/questioning thing as you spin around. Best views from a restaurant I've been too! Definitely recommended!




C Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!